Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tip #8: Eat Intentionally Cheap Meals

I love cooking & I love eating! I love flavorful food, but like I've said before...sometimes I can get carried away with cooking too much (and too expensive) food. However, I just started making intentionally cheap meals every week. This is hard for me because it typically means I'm not cooking anything fancy or delicious, but hey, it's cheap! I just have to be intentional about it in order for it to work!

Here are some ideas so far:

1. Bean Burritos (refried beans...with salsa, hot sauce, or whatever you have on hand wrapped in a tortilla)

2. Egg Sandwiches (not much to explain here- scrambled eggs in toasted bread. I like a little mayo on it, or black beans and salsa. Thanks to my sweet friend Becca for the black beans and salsa idea!)

3. Spaghetti (I always have this marinara sauce in baggies in my freezer. This is the best!)

4. Rice and Beans (thanks again Becca!)

5. Quesadillas (We get creative here- bbq chicken, buffalo chicken, or just plain cheese! We love salsa so the plain cheese is always smothered in salsa!)

6. Fried Rice (I don't have a recipe for this. I just make it with whatever I have! Ideally I would add tofu, tomato, cilantro, peanuts, carrots....the list can go on and on, or shorten it to make it ultra cheap!)

Maybe it's just swapping out one really cheap meal a week, or maybe you'll do this every day. I can't tell you what to do! This list is just a start.

Any other ideas? Please share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment