Friday, March 9, 2012

Tip #7: Eating Tofu

Michael & I love all kinds of meat- steak, ground beef, chicken, turkey, fish, crab, shrimp....you name it, we love it. However, we're trying to cut down on our meat consumption to save some cash. Tofu is a great alternative. Trust me, we were extremely skeptical until I started doing some research online and learned from my mom how to cook it!



I always buy the extra firm tofu because it's easy to cut up. The other night I cut the tofu into little squares, and fried it up in a little olive oil. I sprinkled a little salt and pepper on it and Michael and I snacked on it like it was popcorn. If I can get Michael to eat tofu, then I think anyone can eat it!

I also recently added some to fried rice and it was awesome! It's extremely healthy, cheap, and a great substitute. For all those thinking, "Poor Michael!", don't feel too sorry for him....we still eat meat, but are just trying other alternatives once in a while.



Sometimes you have to branch out and get out of your comfort zone to save money, but it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment