Friday, March 16, 2012

Tip #10: No Shop Weeks

Typically, the more you go to the grocery store, the more money you will spend each month on groceries (unless you are crazy self-controlled!). Michael came up with the idea to stop going to the grocery store for a certain amount of time - one week, two weeks, whatever works for you. I love this idea because it makes you eat what is in your pantry!

Last night I was determined to make something unplanned with everything I already had at home. What-do-ya-know- I was able to make really good enchiladas! Did I have enchilada sauce? No...but I was able to improvise and come up with a tasty dinner! If I had run to the store just for enchilada sauce, you know I would have come back with more (mmmm those chips look good, and wouldn't this salsa be a good addition, and while I'm at it I need more makeup...)

So, every once in a while stop yourself from running out and make do with what you have. I'm sure you can make some interesting and simple meals! If you can't find anything, then what about a good old-fashioned peanut butter sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment